A twist on retail health
Capital Blue is an innovative effort by Capital Blue Cross to reach one community with basic health and wellness services. It may sound a bit off the charts, but as Donna Lencki, Capital BC Chief Marketing Officer explained at Monday's session on consumer engagement at the World Health Care Congress in Washington, DC, "we look at the retail location as an opportunity to engage our members, our consumers, or our community in a different fashion." As with any upscale store, Lencki said the emphasis is on customer service. The 6,700 square-foot space and prime location provide an opportunity to potentially reach some 650,000 residents within a 30 minute drive.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'