Defunding Obamacare won't stop it entirely
Conservatives have tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to repeal the Affordable Care Act, so now they're pushing to disable it by cutting off funding. Politically, it's not likely that they'll be able to gin up enough votes to pull it off. But if they did, the effect of defunding the ACA wouldn't be as simple as it sounds. What does it mean to defund Obamacare? Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, 29 other senators and more than 100 House Republicans back legislation that would prohibit federal funds from being made available to "carry out any provisions" of the ACA.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers