Premier files for IPO of up to $100 million
Premier Inc. has filed plans for an initial public offering of up to $100 million in common stock, as the hospital-owned health-care alliance aims to raise proceeds for working capital and general corporate purposes. The company is owned by 181 U.S. hospitals, health systems and other health-care organizations and upon completion of a planned reorganization, all of those owners will own Class B stock in Premier. Premier's alliance was formed in 1996 through a merger, though the oldest entity of that group had existed in 1969. About 72% of Premier's member owners have been part of the company's alliance for more than 10 years. [Registration required.]
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal