SSM Health Care OKs Dean Health Systems purchase
ST. LOUIS — A St. Louis-based Catholic health care provider has finalized its merger with a Wisconsin health company. SSM Health Care announced its purchase of the Dean Health Systems group of Madison, Wis., in April. The merger took effect on Sept. 1 after receiving regulatory and shareholder approval The nonprofit SSM operates 18 hospitals in Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin and Oklahoma. Dean Health Systems is a physician-owned organization with more than 60 clinics, plus eye care and pharmacy operations.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013