Holy Cross Hospital's parent company taps Rick Gilfillan as new CEO
CHE Trinity Health, the parent of Holy Cross Health in Silver Spring, named former Obama administration official Dr. Richard "Rick" Gilfillan as its new CEO Tuesday. Gilfillan is probably best known in Washington for being the first director of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation, a creation of the 2010 Affordable Care Act that funded and encouraged unconventional health payment reforms. Gilfillan also served as CEO of Geisinger Health Plan in Pennsylvania and was a senior executive for Bethesda-based Coventry Health Care. His medical degree is from Georgetown University.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care