Healthplanfinder glitches prevent WA Medicaid enrollees from renewing coverage
Washington residents hoping to sign up for new health-insurance coverage on Healthplanfinder are not the only people who have been affected by technical glitches on the website and the overloaded customer support center. People who are currently enrolled in Medicaid are also running into problems on Healthplanfinder when they try to renew their eligibility, which they are required to do once a year to maintain coverage. Normally, about 60,000 Medicaid recipients complete the renewal process each month, which involves reporting household monthly income and other personal information. But only about half that number renewed eligibility in November, the first month Medicaid recipients were supposed to use Healthplanfinder to recertify.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?