VT hospital says 30 days to gauge new payments
It will be at least 30 days before officials at Vermont's largest hospital know how well the transition is going to the new health insurance system that is going to start making and paying claims on behalf of patients, an official at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington said Monday. Shannon Lonergan, the director of registration at Fletcher Allen, said she anticipated some troubles in the transition, which begins Wednesday, especially from patients who have enrolled in the new health care system through the Vermont Health Connect system but have not yet received their insurance cards.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending