Slideshow: The New Primary Care Model—A Patient-Centered Approach to Care Coordination
>>>View Intelligence Report Slideshow
Patients with new insurance coverage via the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act are likely to access the system through a PCP. These physicians also are being courted by payers, government agencies, and health systems to innovate in practice design and in accountability for outcomes and costs. As the focus shifts to prevention, care of chronic illness, and population health, the primary care physician will play a pivotal role.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny