Slideshow: The New Primary Care Model—A Patient-Centered Approach to Care Coordination
>>>View Intelligence Report Slideshow
Patients with new insurance coverage via the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act are likely to access the system through a PCP. These physicians also are being courted by payers, government agencies, and health systems to innovate in practice design and in accountability for outcomes and costs. As the focus shifts to prevention, care of chronic illness, and population health, the primary care physician will play a pivotal role.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans