Medicare cutbacks pinch Pennsylvania hospitals, doctors
Frustrated with a recent slowdown in payments from the federal health insurer, the 19-hospital UPMC tried for several years to have the Pittsburgh healthcare market reclassified with Eastern Pennsylvania as a way of boosting the region's average wages--a key measure used in the calculation of Medicare hospital reimbursements.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives