2007: Steady growth, enhanced consumerism
It's probably telling that many of the experts CDH consulted identified something that happened in late 2006-the Tax Relief and Health Care Act of 2006-as the most important CDH development of 2007. "All in all, this has been a pretty dull year in CDHP land," says Cathy Tripp, national practice leader for consumerism at Watson Wyatt in Minneapolis. "No new radical services or solutions, just continued fine-tuning around the edges." That doesn't mean there was no industry activity: Minneapolis-based UnitedHealthcare purchased Brookfield, WI-based Fiserv's TPA and other healthcare-related businesses, and Philadelphia-based CIGNA recently agreed to acquire Denver-based Great-West Healthcare.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care