2007: Steady growth, enhanced consumerism
It's probably telling that many of the experts CDH consulted identified something that happened in late 2006-the Tax Relief and Health Care Act of 2006-as the most important CDH development of 2007. "All in all, this has been a pretty dull year in CDHP land," says Cathy Tripp, national practice leader for consumerism at Watson Wyatt in Minneapolis. "No new radical services or solutions, just continued fine-tuning around the edges." That doesn't mean there was no industry activity: Minneapolis-based UnitedHealthcare purchased Brookfield, WI-based Fiserv's TPA and other healthcare-related businesses, and Philadelphia-based CIGNA recently agreed to acquire Denver-based Great-West Healthcare.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal