Ex-Kaiser exec to head Blue Cross
Los Angeles Times, January 10, 2008
WellPoint Inc. has named former Kaiser Permanente executive Leslie Margolin to head Blue Cross of California, the state's largest for-profit health plan. The company's relations with doctors may need tending--many threatened to quit Blue Cross in 2007 after the health plan introduced a schedule that would have cut payments for about half the services and procedures provided by the physicians who serve its members.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line