Ex-Kaiser exec to head Blue Cross
Los Angeles Times, January 10, 2008
WellPoint Inc. has named former Kaiser Permanente executive Leslie Margolin to head Blue Cross of California, the state's largest for-profit health plan. The company's relations with doctors may need tending--many threatened to quit Blue Cross in 2007 after the health plan introduced a schedule that would have cut payments for about half the services and procedures provided by the physicians who serve its members.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised