Missouri health center planning to outsource ER physician staff
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, January 31, 2008
St. Mary's Health Center in Richmond Heights, MO, has approached its ER physicians with a plan to no longer directly employ them. Instead, the doctors would work as independent contractors for a national emergency room staffing company. The proposal comes as many emergency room physicians from St. Anthony's Medical Center in south St. Louis County are considering leaving it because of a plan by St. Anthony's to longer directly employ them.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013