Weigh the balance between healthcare quality and costs
There’s no dearth of data when capitated providers look for information about healthcare costs. Trends in U.S. healthcare expenses are widely documented by federal agencies, academic researchers, and policy wonks. Less readily available are data on healthcare quality, especially in relationship to costs, but an annual report from the Rockville, MD–based Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) helps to fill that gap. And it’s free.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers