From Atlanta to DC, HSA activity abounds; Georgia promotes HSAs, but GAO raises questions-and ire
The past few months carried a mixed bag of HSArelated news: Georgia made HSAs more attractive, a recent GAO report may provide ammunition for legislators gunning for CDHPs, and the U.S. Treasury Department released its 2009 contribution levels and finalized previously discussed comparability regulations.
Georgia embraces CDHPs
Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue has signed legislation (HB 977) that encourages small businesses to offer CDHPs.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians