From Atlanta to DC, HSA activity abounds; Georgia promotes HSAs, but GAO raises questions-and ire
The past few months carried a mixed bag of HSArelated news: Georgia made HSAs more attractive, a recent GAO report may provide ammunition for legislators gunning for CDHPs, and the U.S. Treasury Department released its 2009 contribution levels and finalized previously discussed comparability regulations.
Georgia embraces CDHPs
Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue has signed legislation (HB 977) that encourages small businesses to offer CDHPs.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations