From Atlanta to DC, HSA activity abounds; Georgia promotes HSAs, but GAO raises questions-and ire
The past few months carried a mixed bag of HSArelated news: Georgia made HSAs more attractive, a recent GAO report may provide ammunition for legislators gunning for CDHPs, and the U.S. Treasury Department released its 2009 contribution levels and finalized previously discussed comparability regulations.
Georgia embraces CDHPs
Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue has signed legislation (HB 977) that encourages small businesses to offer CDHPs.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US