From Atlanta to DC, HSA activity abounds; Georgia promotes HSAs, but GAO raises questions-and ire
The past few months carried a mixed bag of HSArelated news: Georgia made HSAs more attractive, a recent GAO report may provide ammunition for legislators gunning for CDHPs, and the U.S. Treasury Department released its 2009 contribution levels and finalized previously discussed comparability regulations.
Georgia embraces CDHPs
Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue has signed legislation (HB 977) that encourages small businesses to offer CDHPs.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services