IRS issues three new sets of HSA guidance
During the past few weeks, the IRS has issued new guidance on HSAs, the most recent being a list of questions and answers (Q&A) addressing assorted issues (Notice 2008-59).
Roy Ramthun, president of HSA Consulting Services in Washington, DC, discussed Notices 2008-51 and 2008-52 in a late June Webcast. These two notices clarify the changes made by the Tax Relief and Health Care Act of 2006, which is effective for tax years 2007 and beyond.
- CMS to Speak with ICD-10 Backers Tuesday
- Feds Stonewall ICD-10 Summit
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- Governor Details Healthcare Payment Reform Path in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Managed Care Contract Negotiations Morph Under PPACA
- Cyberattack Drill Exposes Healthcare's Vulnerabilities
- Physician Payment Data is Where the Action Is
- NY Abolishes Written Practice Agreement for NPs
- MetroHealth Revs Its Population Health Engine