IRS issues three new sets of HSA guidance
During the past few weeks, the IRS has issued new guidance on HSAs, the most recent being a list of questions and answers (Q&A) addressing assorted issues (Notice 2008-59).
Roy Ramthun, president of HSA Consulting Services in Washington, DC, discussed Notices 2008-51 and 2008-52 in a late June Webcast. These two notices clarify the changes made by the Tax Relief and Health Care Act of 2006, which is effective for tax years 2007 and beyond.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Excluded Benefits Lists Spark Debate