IRS issues three new sets of HSA guidance
During the past few weeks, the IRS has issued new guidance on HSAs, the most recent being a list of questions and answers (Q&A) addressing assorted issues (Notice 2008-59).
Roy Ramthun, president of HSA Consulting Services in Washington, DC, discussed Notices 2008-51 and 2008-52 in a late June Webcast. These two notices clarify the changes made by the Tax Relief and Health Care Act of 2006, which is effective for tax years 2007 and beyond.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told