IRS issues three new sets of HSA guidance
During the past few weeks, the IRS has issued new guidance on HSAs, the most recent being a list of questions and answers (Q&A) addressing assorted issues (Notice 2008-59).
Roy Ramthun, president of HSA Consulting Services in Washington, DC, discussed Notices 2008-51 and 2008-52 in a late June Webcast. These two notices clarify the changes made by the Tax Relief and Health Care Act of 2006, which is effective for tax years 2007 and beyond.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'