Medco analysis: Compliance lower in CDHPs
Are CDHP enrollees so cost-conscious that they aren’t buying the medications they need to stay healthy? That’s the implication of a new study from Medco in Franklin Lakes, NJ. However, at least one expert on CDHPs raises questions about the nature of this noncompliance.
Medco found that CDHP members have significantly lower medication adherence rates when compared to those enrolled in traditional health plans. For Tracy Grunsfeld, vice president of consumer solutions at Medco, the implications are clear.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations