Legal and planning errors can weaken wellness efforts
Health management programs are becoming increasingly popular components of health benefit designs. And effective health management programs are generally considered critical to the success of a CDHP.
Many employers with and without CDHPs are using incentives to motivate employees to participate in these programs, but some are taking punitive steps. However, whether employers offer carrots or sticks, they may risk crossing the sometimes blurry line between legal and illegal under HIPAA and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). And sometimes, they threaten the health of their wellness program.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers