Legal and planning errors can weaken wellness efforts
Health management programs are becoming increasingly popular components of health benefit designs. And effective health management programs are generally considered critical to the success of a CDHP.
Many employers with and without CDHPs are using incentives to motivate employees to participate in these programs, but some are taking punitive steps. However, whether employers offer carrots or sticks, they may risk crossing the sometimes blurry line between legal and illegal under HIPAA and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). And sometimes, they threaten the health of their wellness program.
- CMS to Speak with ICD-10 Backers Tuesday
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- Governor Details Healthcare Payment Reform Path in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- MetroHealth Revs Its Population Health Engine
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- HIX Success Could Generate Add-On Revenue for CT