More on 2008-59: Expert analyzes guidance
The Department of Treasury has been busy this summer, issuing new HSA guidance and proposed new regulations related to HSAs and comparable contributions.
In August, CDH covered recent IRS guidance, including an overview of Notice 2008-59 (available at www. treas.gov/press/releases/reports/notice200859.pdf).
This month, we’ll explore other issues addressed in 2008-59. Former administration official Roy Ramthun, president of HSA Consulting Services in Washington, DC, discussed several of these issues in a Webinar in late July. We’ll also look at the proposed regulations.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Programs focus on high-risk patients to reduce spending