More on 2008-59: Expert analyzes guidance
The Department of Treasury has been busy this summer, issuing new HSA guidance and proposed new regulations related to HSAs and comparable contributions.
In August, CDH covered recent IRS guidance, including an overview of Notice 2008-59 (available at www. treas.gov/press/releases/reports/notice200859.pdf).
This month, we’ll explore other issues addressed in 2008-59. Former administration official Roy Ramthun, president of HSA Consulting Services in Washington, DC, discussed several of these issues in a Webinar in late July. We’ll also look at the proposed regulations.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion