More on 2008-59: Expert analyzes guidance
The Department of Treasury has been busy this summer, issuing new HSA guidance and proposed new regulations related to HSAs and comparable contributions.
In August, CDH covered recent IRS guidance, including an overview of Notice 2008-59 (available at www. treas.gov/press/releases/reports/notice200859.pdf).
This month, we’ll explore other issues addressed in 2008-59. Former administration official Roy Ramthun, president of HSA Consulting Services in Washington, DC, discussed several of these issues in a Webinar in late July. We’ll also look at the proposed regulations.
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat