More on 2008-59: Expert analyzes guidance
The Department of Treasury has been busy this summer, issuing new HSA guidance and proposed new regulations related to HSAs and comparable contributions.
In August, CDH covered recent IRS guidance, including an overview of Notice 2008-59 (available at www. treas.gov/press/releases/reports/notice200859.pdf).
This month, we’ll explore other issues addressed in 2008-59. Former administration official Roy Ramthun, president of HSA Consulting Services in Washington, DC, discussed several of these issues in a Webinar in late July. We’ll also look at the proposed regulations.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments