Concierge service offers patients the VIP treatment
Plastic surgeons are always looking for ways to keep their patients feeling satisfied and boost the image of their surgical practice. One surgeon is finding that it pays to pull out all the stops and offer luxury benefits to her patients.
Based on the notion that, after surgery, most patients want to be treated like they would at any five-star hotel, Nicolette Picerno, MD, a facial plastic surgeon practicing in Denver and Lone Tree, CO, has created a unique menu of carefully crafted packages for her VIP clients.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'