Device allows providers to receive satisfaction data at the point of care
Tired of waiting on patients to mail in their satisfaction surveys, Regina Medical Center in Hastings, MN, has started receiving its patient satisfaction results at the point of care with TruthPoint.
TruthPoint, a customizable patient satisfaction survey tool, gathers real-time patient data in multiple languages to improve quality care and safety. The handheld device, which is used to capture data at the bedside, can also be mounted to the wall for use with outpatients.
The customizable tool allows for questions about both individual units and the general facility. For example, Regina Medical's general questions include:
- If there is one thing we could improve, what would it be?
- Is there somebody you would like to acknowledge for their excellent care? If so, please enter their name.
- Would you like a manager to contact you about a concern? If yes, enter your name and number and the best time to reach you.
"TruthPoint is a helpful tool in assessing our culture of safety," says Solveig Dittmann, director of performance improvement at Regina Medical Center. The handheld device asks questions such as "Did you observe your caregiver washing their hands before providing care to you?" and "Did they ask for your name and date of birth before giving you medication?"
The results are automatically forwarded to the unit manager's e-mail address. This real-time data allows managers to make follow-up calls to patients immediately or recognize a staff nurse for providing quality care. "If a patient mentions a particular nurse for providing wonderful care, our unit managers will posts that nurse's name in the staff lounge for everyone to see," says Dittmann. "It creates this healthy competition for staff to start going over and above what's required to make patients happy."
HCPro's Weekly Update on the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program® is a weekly e-newsletter from HCPro., Inc.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Programs focus on high-risk patients to reduce spending