Survey report: When actors play doctors on TV
Nine out of 10 respondents to a MedPage Today poll say medical TV shows have an impact on the doctor-patient relationship. But what that impact is depends on the particular show, according to more than half (53%) of the 1,555 respondents. Those who put the television offerings definitively in one bucket or the other split almost equally on whether such shows help (20%) or harm (18%) the doctor-patient relationship, the survey found.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts