Survey report: When actors play doctors on TV
Nine out of 10 respondents to a MedPage Today poll say medical TV shows have an impact on the doctor-patient relationship. But what that impact is depends on the particular show, according to more than half (53%) of the 1,555 respondents. Those who put the television offerings definitively in one bucket or the other split almost equally on whether such shows help (20%) or harm (18%) the doctor-patient relationship, the survey found.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus