Leadership: Medical director survey finds wide range of duties, comp
Just what do medical directors do? How much should they be paid? A recent survey provides some insight into such surprisingly difficult questions, but it also highlights how difficult it is to come up with a single job description—or a single rate of compensation.
For the first time, MGMA has collected survey data on medical director compensation. One of its objectives was to address the lack of a formal definition of “medical director.”
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts