Peak Performance - Ensure that your revenue cycle operates at its highest level, even during lean times
It's said that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Healthcare providers have faced a difficult operating environment over the past two years and bear the fiscal scars to prove it.
The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) queried hospitals to gauge what effect greater numbers of uninsured and underinsured individuals are having on their operations. Not surprisingly, 97% of respondents indicated that self-pay receivables increased over the previous fiscal year, with approximately 33% experiencing overall increases in self-pay balances of 10% or more.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed