Peak Performance - Ensure that your revenue cycle operates at its highest level, even during lean times
It's said that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Healthcare providers have faced a difficult operating environment over the past two years and bear the fiscal scars to prove it.
The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) queried hospitals to gauge what effect greater numbers of uninsured and underinsured individuals are having on their operations. Not surprisingly, 97% of respondents indicated that self-pay receivables increased over the previous fiscal year, with approximately 33% experiencing overall increases in self-pay balances of 10% or more.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised