Peak Performance - Ensure that your revenue cycle operates at its highest level, even during lean times
It's said that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Healthcare providers have faced a difficult operating environment over the past two years and bear the fiscal scars to prove it.
The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) queried hospitals to gauge what effect greater numbers of uninsured and underinsured individuals are having on their operations. Not surprisingly, 97% of respondents indicated that self-pay receivables increased over the previous fiscal year, with approximately 33% experiencing overall increases in self-pay balances of 10% or more.
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers