Peak Performance - Ensure that your revenue cycle operates at its highest level, even during lean times
It's said that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Healthcare providers have faced a difficult operating environment over the past two years and bear the fiscal scars to prove it.
The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) queried hospitals to gauge what effect greater numbers of uninsured and underinsured individuals are having on their operations. Not surprisingly, 97% of respondents indicated that self-pay receivables increased over the previous fiscal year, with approximately 33% experiencing overall increases in self-pay balances of 10% or more.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform