Opinion: Help paralyzed veterans
"How can I support veterans?"
This is the question I get asked more often, by more people, from every walk of life and every part of our country. It's a great question that speaks volumes about the generosity of a people who don't take our hard-fought freedoms for granted.
Whether it's the school janitor from my hometown of Woodward, Okla., or the CEO of a multibillion-dollar company, my answer is always the same: Make it your mission to help empower the lives of paralyzed veterans and their families. Give these brave men and women a big salute by helping them lead full, independent and productive lives.
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site