Breakthroughs: The High-Performing Surgical Program
Given a reimbursement model based on outcomes, not volume, only those surgical services that can deliver state-of the-art care, value, and an outstanding patient experience will survive. In this HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs report, leading hospital systems—St.Francis Hospital, Methodist Hospital System, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, and Bassett Healthcare—share lessons learned about new ways of approaching surgical care and strategy.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream