Health IT Chiefs: Our next IT rock stars?
As IT managers gradually connect medical devices to electronic health records (EHRs), the role, influence and responsibilities of chief medical informatics officers (CMIOs) and chief nursing officers (CNOs) will continue to grow "to a level not seen before," predicts a study from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS). Among the medical devices that will likely require such integration, according to researchers, are fetal monitors, cardiac output monitors, ventilators, IV pumps, anesthesia machines, balloon pumps, and even smart beds. The November report provides a window into how medical device integration will impact CMIOs and CNOs.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told