MD stent committee member faces accusations
After Dr. Mark Midei was accused of implanting unnecessary heart stents in hundreds of patients at St. Joseph Medical Center in Towson, a Maryland Health Care Commission committee began developing safeguards to prevent a repeat situation. But now, one of the committee's members — Dr. John Chung-Yee Wang, a former colleague of Midei's who heads the cardiac catheterization lab at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore — is himself accused of improper stenting in three separate legal claims.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers