The health-care landscape is shifting
The tremors you feel are not after-effects of this summer’s earthquake, but the healthcare landscape shifting beneath us to create better and more efficient care. Headlines highlight daily a high-stakes game of affiliations and mergers happening at a breakneck pace. New ways of providing care and paying providers are being tested. The Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Alternative Quality Contract is no longer “alternative” as a majority of the Commonwealth’s providers are participating. As part of the Affordable Care Act, “Accountable Care Organizations” (“ACOs”) will launch nationally for Medicare beneficiaries in 2012.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'