The health-care landscape is shifting
The tremors you feel are not after-effects of this summer’s earthquake, but the healthcare landscape shifting beneath us to create better and more efficient care. Headlines highlight daily a high-stakes game of affiliations and mergers happening at a breakneck pace. New ways of providing care and paying providers are being tested. The Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Alternative Quality Contract is no longer “alternative” as a majority of the Commonwealth’s providers are participating. As part of the Affordable Care Act, “Accountable Care Organizations” (“ACOs”) will launch nationally for Medicare beneficiaries in 2012.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors