TN firm acquires 2 northeast PA hospitals
A Tennessee-based company is the new owner of two more hospitals in northeastern Pennsylvania. Community Health Systems Inc. on Tuesday announced the acquisition of the 217-bed Moses Taylor Hospital in Scranton and the 25-bed Mid-Valley Hospital in Peckville. The $152 million deal was approved by a Lackawanna County judge last month. Community Health Systems, a for-profit company based near Nashville, says its subsidiaries now control substantially all of the Moses Taylor Health Care Health System.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts