TX Methodist Hospital chief will still see patients
Marc Boom took over as chief executive officer of The Methodist Hospital System earlier this month, the first physician to run the show in almost 100 years. That background could come in handy as he helps the five-hospital system, its research institute and other programs navigate the future, and the 45-year-old Boom predicts Methodist will do well in an era of health care reform. He said Methodist is on track to join the nation's top academic health centers, on par with Massachusetts General Hospital or Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care