Outgoing Erlanger CEO Jim Brexler’s severance pay on tap
Trustees of Chattanooga's only public hospital still appear deeply divided on paying a large sum of money to outgoing CEO Jim Brexler while Erlanger Health System is struggling financially. Board members will meet Monday morning to discuss details of a severance package for Brexler. Trustees rejected a severance package in a 4-4 vote last month. But experts on executive compensation say a contract providing a golden parachute is essential to attract competent managers in a field that is becoming increasing complex.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers