Are Americans getting healthier?
Americans might be getting healthier, a development that—if true—could have economic causes and consequences. The percentage of Americans who are obese declined from 2010 to 2011, according to a Gallup report released this week. The year-over-year decrease is "statistically significant," said Gallup's Elizabeth Mendes. A professor in epidemiology and medicine at the University of Iowa's College of Public Health, says "economics is driving this."
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses