HMA responds to fraud allegations
As the company shares continue a price decline, officials with Naples, Flaorida-based Health Management Associates fired back Tuesday (Jan. 17) against allegations of Medicare fraud. On Jan. 9, Stamford, Conn.-based CRT Capital Group issued an investor note about a lawsuit alleging that officials at four HMA hospitals participated in "widespread Medicare fraud."
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts