HMA responds to fraud allegations
As the company shares continue a price decline, officials with Naples, Flaorida-based Health Management Associates fired back Tuesday (Jan. 17) against allegations of Medicare fraud. On Jan. 9, Stamford, Conn.-based CRT Capital Group issued an investor note about a lawsuit alleging that officials at four HMA hospitals participated in "widespread Medicare fraud."
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer