HMA responds to fraud allegations
As the company shares continue a price decline, officials with Naples, Flaorida-based Health Management Associates fired back Tuesday (Jan. 17) against allegations of Medicare fraud. On Jan. 9, Stamford, Conn.-based CRT Capital Group issued an investor note about a lawsuit alleging that officials at four HMA hospitals participated in "widespread Medicare fraud."
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- How Educated Nurses Save Money