HMA responds to fraud allegations
As the company shares continue a price decline, officials with Naples, Flaorida-based Health Management Associates fired back Tuesday (Jan. 17) against allegations of Medicare fraud. On Jan. 9, Stamford, Conn.-based CRT Capital Group issued an investor note about a lawsuit alleging that officials at four HMA hospitals participated in "widespread Medicare fraud."
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal