Layoffs begin at seven LSU hospitals
Notices of impending layoffs went out Tuesday to employees of seven LSU public hospitals as system executives prepare to implement $29 million in Jindal administration budget cuts. The layoffs would be effective March 5, the notice from hospital system chief executive officer Roxane Townsend wrote. The notices are general in nature and do not specific how many jobs at each facility are on the chopping block. However, LSU System Vice President Fred Cerise said "it’s going to be in the hundreds across the system."
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals