HCA hospital loses $178M judgment in FL negligence case
A Florida man and his family have won a $178 million judgment against the HCA-owned Memorial Hospital in Jacksonville, FL, and a doctor accused in the lawsuit of medical negligence in a case involving weight-loss surgery gone awry. A Duval County, FL, jury found Memorial was liable for damages of $168 million. And on Monday, the jury awarded an additional $10 million in punitive damages in the case.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care