Accused UT hospitals fire back at state's Medicaid sheriff
Hospitals have fired their first salvo against efforts by Utah's Medicaid program to crack down on fraud, waste and abuse. Three IASIS Healthcare Inc. facilities—Davis Hospital & Medical Center, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center and Jordan Valley Medical Center—are suing Medicaid's new Office of the Inspector General (OIG), saying the agency has no authority to demand repayment of $2.7 million in allegedly overpaid emergency department charges.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers