Jackson Health System to announce 'significant' layoffs
Miami's Jackson Health System plans to "right-size" its organization with "significant" layoffs, Chief Executive Carlos Migoya said Friday. Though he refused to give specifics, he said managers are examining each department to see where reductions make sense without hurting the quality of patient care. Jackson is working quickly to decide where to cut. "We want to know in the next 10 days to two weeks," he said.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream