Enrollment in UPMC plans soars
UPMC Health Plan said Tuesday that enrollment for its Medicare Advantage plans—an increasingly popular insurance alternative for seniors—grew at a double-digit rate over last year. Highmark Inc., the state's largest health insurer, said it had about 273,000 members enrolled in Medicare Advantage and Medicare supplemental plans as of Jan. 1. The Downtown nonprofit Blue Cross company declined to provide a year-over-year comparison.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus