Hospital feels backlash from records breach
The confidential health records of approximately 20,000 patients treated at two Orange County hospitals were potentially available to find through online search engines, a St. Joseph Health System official said Wednesday. The information belonged to patients of St. Jude Medical Center in Fullerton and Mission Hospital locations in the cities of Laguna Beach and Mission Viejo. The medical information of 31,800 patients across six separate hospitals in California was was also available online.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts