Former Novant exec pleads guilty to embezzling
For 7 of the 11 years Carol Crawley Maultsby oversaw risk management at Novant Health Inc., parent company of Forsyth Medical Center in Winston-Salem, she embezzled nearly $620,000 from Novant. On Tuesday, Maultsby, 56, pleaded guilty in Forsyth Superior Court to eight counts of embezzlement and was sent to prison for an active sentence of about two years. She also was ordered to repay the money she stole from Novant. Maultsby will have to use her retirement account, valued at $300,000, to pay Novant restitution. She will spend the rest of her probation, which lasts five years, repaying the rest of the money she is accused of embezzling.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'