Former Novant exec pleads guilty to embezzling
For 7 of the 11 years Carol Crawley Maultsby oversaw risk management at Novant Health Inc., parent company of Forsyth Medical Center in Winston-Salem, she embezzled nearly $620,000 from Novant. On Tuesday, Maultsby, 56, pleaded guilty in Forsyth Superior Court to eight counts of embezzlement and was sent to prison for an active sentence of about two years. She also was ordered to repay the money she stole from Novant. Maultsby will have to use her retirement account, valued at $300,000, to pay Novant restitution. She will spend the rest of her probation, which lasts five years, repaying the rest of the money she is accused of embezzling.
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year