100 lawsuits at NY's Brookdale University Hospital
Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center is the target of more than 100 open lawsuits by patients who claim they—or their dead relatives—were harmed instead of healed, Brooklyn Supreme Court records show. At least a dozen cases allege patients died due to malpractice or negligence at the cash-strapped Brownsville hospital—including a mugging victim with traumatic brain injuries and two patients whose severe pressure ulcers led to fatal infections.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations