Cape Fear Valley trustees give CEO contract extension, bonus
The Cape Fear Valley Health System's board of trustees voted unanimously Wednesday to award CEO Mike Nagowski a five-year contract extension. The board also voted 15-5 to award Nagowski a $189,669 incentive bonus and to increase his base salary by 2 percent, bringing it to $534,732. Cumberland County Commissioners Billy King, Charles Evans and Ed Melvin were among the dissenting votes on Nagowski's compensation. "I just felt that we should have done more for the employees," Melvin said, declining to elaborate.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High