Book excerpt: The Best Care Possible
An excerpt from Ira Byock' forthcoming book, The Best Care Possible: A Physician's Quest to Transform Care Through the End of Life. Byock is the director of palliative medicine at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts