PA patient-safety panel fighting governor's merger plan
The board of the Patient Safety Authority adopted a resolution Tuesday saying Gov. Corbett's plan to fold it into the state Department of Health would destroy its autonomy. The privately funded authority, which collects and studies hospital data, has gained a national reputation for improving patient safety. Corbett, in his February budget proposal, said merging the authority into the Health Department would help forward his goal of streamlining state government and would "better utilize health information for public-policy purposes."
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion