Hospital CEO brought down Blago with a wire
The FBI says Pamela Davis' help was invaluable in an investigation that eventually collected enough evidence to charge and lead to the conviction of former IL Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who reported to prison Thursday for corruption. Davis is CEO of Edward Hospital and Health Services in Naperville. Davis was the first to blow the whistle on alleged kickbacks involving a state board with the power to approve and deny hospital projects.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer