Tenet lawsuit against CHS dismissed
A U.S. District Court in Texas Wednesday has granted Community Health Systems' request to dismiss a lawsuit filed against it by Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare Corp. Tenet Healthcare filed suit against Franklin, TN-based CHS last year, after Tenet refused several offers to be bought by CHS. At one point Tenet turned down a $7.3 billion offer, or $7.25 per share. As of 2:30 today, shares of Tenet were trading at $5.41. Shares of CHS, meanwhile, were trading at $23.11, down 9 cents.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts