Hospital offers free testing to 307 former patients
Sheridan Memorial Hospital has offered free testing for diseases to 307 former patients who had a procedure in which a potentially infected reusable airway was used. During the period in question, the sterilization procedure for the reusable airways didn't include steam autoclaving, which was contrary to the hospital's own policy and the recommendation of the airway manufacturer. The hospital recently switched to disposable airways, which are discarded after one use.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers