Opinion: Why nurses are in such high demand
As new care models emerge, new types of leader are taking the helm: physician and nurse executives. There has been a major uptick in the number of requests for physicians and nurses who are prepared to lead health systems, academic medical centers, community hospitals, and managed care organizations. They are exchanging their lab coats for a seat in the C-suite, taking advantage of opportunities to lead during the post-reform era.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers