Opinion: Why nurses are in such high demand
As new care models emerge, new types of leader are taking the helm: physician and nurse executives. There has been a major uptick in the number of requests for physicians and nurses who are prepared to lead health systems, academic medical centers, community hospitals, and managed care organizations. They are exchanging their lab coats for a seat in the C-suite, taking advantage of opportunities to lead during the post-reform era.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'