Federal judge blocks OSF-Rockford Health deal
A federal judge in Rockford has granted an injunction that will temporarily halt OSF HealthCare’s acquisition of Rockford Health System. The FTC challenged the acquisition last fall, saying the deal would be anticompetitive and could potentially raise prices on health care services for residents. But the health systems say they can address federal health care reform changes and diminishing state and federal reimbursements more efficiently as one entity.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer